My Worth Program
My Worth Program is designed to educate, encourage and empower
young girls in making responsible choices in regards to relationships, their
bodies, and self-esteem. Through this
program, we will ultimately be deterring them from self-depreciation and the false images that the media portrays to be beauty, as opposed to embracing their own beauty.
Here’s our Current View:
- Among high school students, 44% of girls are attempting to lose weight.
- Over 70% of girls age 15 to 17 avoid normal daily activities, such as attending school, when they feel bad about their looks.
- 75% of girls with low self-esteem reported engaging in negative activities like cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, or disordered eating. This compares to 25% of girls with high self-esteem.
- A girl’s self-esteem is more strongly related to how she views her own body shape and body weight, than how much she actually weighs.
- Teen girls that have a negative view of themselves are 4 times more likely to take part in activities with boys that they've ended up regretting later.
The objective of this 12 week program seeks to
enable young ladies to understand and value the benefits of knowing their worth. It teaches them the related resistance
skills and tactics that may help them become more confident in themselves and build healthy
relationships with others because when you love yourself, you take pride in yourself and what you have to offer.
October 2015 Honorees